|A little girl drinking local water, which comes in plastic bags.|
- Local water comes in plastic bags that look like a small pillow. As one local girl told me, I need to drink “water water” which comes in bottles. The local water causes … well you know …
- Star beer (recommended to me by Jim B and many others) is good and usually comes in large bottles, maybe 750 mL. I have found Savannah cider to be good as I’m not really a drinker. The main pop here seems to be Fanta Orange, Coke, Coke Light (not Diet Coke) and Sprite.
- Everything is sold in small black bags here. Most people just drop their bags and other trash on the street when they’re done with them. A bit disconcerting …
- Traffic is insane. Think of the Gardiner at 8.00am. That is the way most major streets are from dusk til dawn. Horrible, horrible traffic.
- Everyone is so friendly. A smile and a hello, plus a handshake. It is always good to inquire about one’s health and family.